Saturday, April 10, 2010

Echo from Chanchi...

Dear Mr. Lou,

Thank you so much for you, and your whole family's enthusiastic hospitality and friendship, we had a nice hakka gathering in your Tea company Head Quarter/ Musium last month. It will not be possible without your support and generosity.

I have known you only since recent encounter, however, I found out you are a very knowledgeable, interesting and admirable person. Even, studying Haiku after Japan left Taiwan for 65 years !!

Yes, I will 200% support the idea of developing Hakka Haiku. In fact in America, I know there is a group of intellectuals are doing the English poetry with Haiku style.

When I was in my childhood, my father did study Haiku and had Mastuo Basho's Haiku book
(possible left over and given by Japanese friend), although I could not read the Japanese then, I was interesting to know a little bit about it.

Several years ago, I had a chance to go to Hirazumi (平泉) in my medical school class reunion trip to northern Japan, I was excited to find out that Master Mastuo Baso's statue is in Chusonji (中尊寺) of the Northern Japan Bukio Center. At the time, ex-president Lee Deng Hui
also frequently mentioned about "Oku no Hosomizi", which was what this Master Basho's poet-rial trip diary of inner Japan.

Yes, I am fully support of this idea of creating this club and I would like to learn it, although I have no back ground of Hakka literature, and can not sing Mountain song (Sang Go).

Perhaps, Mr. Lou can show us some of his Hakka Haiku in email , it might stimulate more people's interest.

We will discuss more about this issue.
Thank you Again.

Sincerely,
Chanchi 4/10/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment