Thursday, January 18, 2018

客家成語

Hi, Thomas,

茫茫人海中
家庭不在貧或富
溫馨和睦最重要

人生茫然中
生活不在金錢多
健康快樂最要緊

Remember your mentioning 「客家成語」to be a jump start for Taiwan Hakka youngsters
to learn and improve their proficiency at LA gathering on August 4-6, 2017, don’t you?

To be very honest with you, I first was quite annoyed and disagreed with your intention and
suggestion. 

After some exposure in the recent LINE conversation with my sister in Taiwan, I now changed my mind and fully agreed with your thought. Salute to you, 大箍龍!

Here are a few examples for you or anyone willing to explain what it means and used for what sort of occasions.
1. 浪浪洗洗,2. 仙汁狼湯,3. 律律不不,
4. 嘍狗相咬,5. 痾腟滑膿, 6. 搭搭蹄蹄。
I heard these expressions when I was young around older folks including ladies. 
Do you see at least a couple of things in these Hakka idioms: 

讀客家成語
看出客家話粗俗
感覺祖先有學問

學客家成語
溫故知新幾生趣
共下搶救客家話(人)

God Bless Taiwan Hakka!

大戅客
美國首都   1/18/18

1 comment: