Friday, March 8, 2019

Taiwan Consensus

Hi, 羅先生,

It has been a long while since we exchanged our 「雲端打嘴鼓」last time. I don’t even
remember when. Sorry!

Thank you very much for your corrections on my 「洋經幫英文」and 「臺式菜英文」. As far as I recalled, it only took me a flash of time to write that RAP without being serious about my grammar, etc. Anyway, I apologize for my ignorance as well as nonsense on English proficiency. Let me share a few examples of both English and a few lines of H3LPs just for fun with you. Once again, your input and comment are always welcome.

洋經邦英文(=洋涇浜英文)
前後流行兩百年
商場交易用盡多

Here are some fun examples:
            Chin-chin(請請,dated back in 1795);   
            Chow-chow(炒炒,1795);
            Chop-chop(趕快,1834);
            Can do(能行,1842);
            No can do(不行/不可以,1842);
            Allee-samee(=All the same, 都一樣,1840);
            Long time no see(好久不見,1894).

臺式菜英文
「聽、講、讀、寫」七十年
還難登大雅之堂(國際水準)

Here are some bad examples:
            “Can you speak English?”(It should be
“Do you speak English?”);
            “Any question?”(Should it be “Any questions?”?);
            “There has a car.”(It should be “There
is a car.”);
            “My friend’s home.”(It should be “House”.);
             “The Sun rises from the west.”(Should it be “in” the west?).

Nevertheless, here is my desperate call/yell/plea for all Taiwanese on the earth to polish their English proficiency in promoting/elevating/jumbling Taiwan onto global stage with democracy, freedom and human rights.

臺灣上國際
全民英文愛加強
推民主、自由、人權

臺灣人加油
加強學習好英文
向國際點亮臺灣

天祐 臺灣!

大戅客 or 半桶水
華府   3/8/19 (國際婦女節)

No comments:

Post a Comment